Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Zune Adverts












As much as I hate the zune product itself, I love everything that supports this piece of crap. I really have sympathy towards the Zune knowing that Microsoft created some kind of sanctuary for urban artists to have a shot at commercializing their artwork. It may seem like a sellout to many other artists that haven't had their chance in the big leagues, but to me it means, food, shelter and happiness.

For the Ads themselves, they're nothing but art pieces. They don't say anything about the product or try to pitch you a sales. What they really want consumers to see is that you can personalize your zune to your own style, as opposed to their competitors where you're set to having one certain look, feel etc. I may agree to the general idea, but what I see coming from these advertisement is a certain demographic forming. A demographic catering strictly to young adults that are "hip" to musical standards. Which in my opinion is terrible marketing.

But I do love these ads. They totally cater to my taste.

1 comment:

  1. That YEH Zune video with the puppets is so good. They are totally just artistic nonsense, in a good way.

    ReplyDelete